A time to Remember and Reflect


In light of the important historic event that just happened, I feel compelled to share my thoughts. I will continue Rodrigo Baggio’s story in my next post.


I lived through 9/11. Unfortunately, I watched in shock from my apartment balcony as the second plane hit the second tower. In spite of the shock, fear and the heartache I experienced (and my belief that evil must be stopped) - I feel sad about the kind of celebration I am witnessing. It is very hard to explain in words, it is just a feeling (and of course it’s just my opinion).


I hope we take this time to reflect on the state of the entire world – what it is, and what it could be. Now more than ever we need to use the energy this event has generated to envision the world we want to create for our children, future generations, and for ourselves.  My dream is that we use this time to ask some very important questions. “What’s important in life? What values do we want to embrace and build into our future? What kinds of lives, communities, organizations and institutions do we want create?”  The most important question for me - Is peace possible? 


I believe there is a rapidly growing desire to live with a sense of purpose - to be deliberate about how we shape our lives. In spite of the chaos and conflict that surrounds us, I sense we are moving into a time when it will be possible to discover our common mission, shared values and our transcending truths. On some level we know that we humans have far more in common than we differ. 


Peace and love,


May all your beautiful hopes and dreams come true!


Michele
www.dreammakers.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a DreamMaker?

Ronaldo Monteiro - transformed his life from serial kidnapper to a phenomenal DreamMaker